For Graduate Application:
Kentucky State University strives to maintain the highest quality graduate programs and excellence among graduate faculty. The Graduate Programs at Kentucky State University seek to recruit students of high potential, readiness, and motivation for success in graduate studies and, following graduation, continued professional accomplishment. For detailed information about description of KSU Graduate Programs, specific requirements, and transfer policies, please visit KSU Office of Graduate Studies at https://kysu.edu/academics/graduate-studies/
A completed application packet will include the following.
- A completed online http://gradcas.liaisoncas.org/apply/
- A completed medical physical examination form and completed immunization records
- All official post-secondary school transcripts
- All post-secondary transcripts must be submitted to for a course-by-course evaluation to determine college credit equivalency.
- A copy of your passport
- An official statement from a sponsor or bank documenting financial support and/or deposit equivalent to at least $20,030 U.S. Dollars to cover your first year expenses (tuition $11,340, lodging $3,340, meal plan $3,350, other $2,000)
- There reference letters from individuals who can best speak to your potentials
- Test scores as TOEFL/IELTS/GRE/GMAT. Official scores should be sent to Kentucky State University. The institutional code to use is 1368. Here is the link of Graduate Admission Test Scores requirements: http://kysu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Graduate-Admission-Test-Scores-Requirements-1.pdf
- Accurate and exact address where you want your I-20 to be sent.
Kentucky State University Graduate Admission Test Scores Requirements:
1. Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Test Scores:
* Verbal Reasoning 140
* Quantitative Reasoning 140
* Analytical Writing 4.0
* Combined Score 284
a. The GRE requirements apply to all Graduate Programs.
b. The following exceptions apply:
* GRE scores will be waived for applicants for admission into a master’s degree and who already have received a Master’s degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
* GRE scores will not be required for admission into the Doctor of Nursing Program (DNP) because of the professional certification requirement for admission into the program.
See information on GMAT and Praxis scored below.
2. Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Scores:
* The Master of Business Administration (MBA) prefers GMAT with a minimum score of 400, but will accept the GRE scores specified above.
3. Praxis Core Academic Skills Test (CASE) Scores:
* The Master of Arts in Special Education prefers Praxis “Core Academic Skills Test (CASE) minimum score” but will accept the GRE scores specified above. The following scores are required, per Kentucky Education Professional Standards Borad*:
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators:
* Reading 156
* Writing 162
* Mathematics 150
GRE® General Test:
* Verbal Reasoning 150
* Quantitative Reasoning 143
* Analytical Writing 4.0
*For additional information, please go to https://www.ets.org/praxis/ky/requirements.
4. English Language Proficiency Test (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) scores for International Applicants.
* Paper Test 525
* Internet Based 70
* Computer Test 194
IELTS – minimum of 6.0