Zoom has addressed several security vulnerabilities.
Enable the following settings to conduct a secure Zoom virtual meeting.
- Download the latest version of Zoom here.
- Sign into Zoom.
- Schedule a New Meeting.
- Enter Date, Time, and Duration of meeting.
- Next to Meeting ID, click Generate Automatically.
- Click Require Meeting Password then enter a password.
- Click Participants Video OFF.
- Next to meeting options, click Enable Waiting Room and Mute Participants on Entry.
- Click Schedule.
After the meeting has started:
- Lock the meeting by clicking on the Security icon at the bottom left of the screen and choosing Lock Meeting.
- Remove disruptive participants or send to the waiting room by clicking More next to the name of the participant and selecting Remove or Put in Waiting Room.
For more detailed information about Zoom security settings, click here.