Kentucky State University offers employees an exclusive online professional development resource – KYSU. Learn! Now you can access high quality professional development courses from the convenience of your computer at work or at home! KSU has partnered with Taleo/Oracle to bring employees a multitude of training and professional development offerings via online courses. The university’s new system will allow employees to take online courses to enhance their skills in leadership training, computing and security, customer service, project management, Microsoft Office programs, and more. The system will enable employees to access courses from their workstations or from home at any time. The subscription to the system is paid by the university, so employees can take unlimited courses at no cost.
Some courses available on the system were professionally produced by Taleo/Oracle partners. Kentucky State University will also be producing online courses that will be available through the system. Employees will have the option of choosing courses to take, and supervisors can make specific assignments to employees as well.
For technical support with the system, employees may contact Corlia Logsdon at 502-597-6863 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Some issues employees need to be aware of before accessing KYSU.Learn include:
- It is not possible to be logged into both KYSU.Learn and another secure system (such as Banner Self-Service) at the same time. It is highly recommended that you close other open programs before accessing KYSU.Learn to avoid performance issues.
- Currently, there is no application to enable use of KYSU.Learn on technologies such as the iPad or iPhone. Taleo/Oracle is working on this issue.
- To access KYSU.Learn on a Mac, it is necessary to use Internet Explorer, as other browsers have performance issues on Macs.
- There will be approximately a two week delay for newly hired employees to be entered into the system. If you are a new employee with immediate need to access the KYSU.Learn system, please contact Corlia Logsdon at email@example.com.
The instructions to access the system are as follows:
- Open your web browser and go to http://kysu.learn.com
- Log into the system using your CWID as your username and the word password (all lowercase) as the password.
- You will be taken to a screen where you must enter the answers to the password recovery questions that you choose. Once you’ve entered your responses, you will be taken to a new screen where you can create a new password.
- Enter your new password choice twice.
- Once you’ve entered your new password twice, you will be taken to the welcome screen. This is the hub of the learn center where you can access the many resources available to you including the course catalog, frequently asked questions, tools and resources and more. If you are a supervisor, you will also see a section on the left hand side of the page called “My Team View.” Here, you will see a record of your team members’ learning activities in the learn center. Your employees will be listed by CWID, not by name.
- Explore the site, and you can even enroll in courses. Once you’ve had the opportunity to fully review the site, please send your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can use your suggestions to make this resource the best it can be for our employees.