Kentucky State University’s Office of Career and Professional Development provides career-related resources to students and alumni from all academic disciplines. Looking to update your resume, improve your interview skills, or land your next internship or full or part-time job? We’re here to help. Just schedule an appointment with us using through Handshake.
Helpful Guides and Templates – below are several popular resources you should find helpful.
Career Development Plan
Graduate School Resources
- Graduate School Timeline
- Common Graduate School Admission Exam
- How to Write Your Graduate School Personal Statement
- Freshman Resume Writing Guide and Template
- Education Resume Template
- Federal Government Resume Template
- Progressive Resume Template
- Nursing Resume Template
Dress for Success
Workshop and Seminars
- Resume 101: Where Do I Begin?
- How to Successfully Navigate Handshake
- Get LinkedIn and Build Your Professional Brand
- Mastering the Virtual Interview
Handshake is our career management database for full-time and part-time professional jobs, as well as internships and co-ops, for students and Alumni. With Handshake, you can search for opportunities based on your interests, major or geographic location. Additionally, you can maintain your résumé, schedule appointments, report work experiences (First Destination Survey), and keep updated and register for on-campus, off-campus and virtual career events.
Click here to access or activate your Handshake account.