Kentucky State University’s Office of Career and Professional Development provides career-related resources to students and alumni from all academic disciplines. Looking to update your resume, improve your interview skills, or land your next internship or full or part-time job? We’re here to help. Just schedule an appointment with us using through Handshake.
Helpful Guides and Templates – below are several popular resources you should find helpful.
What Can I Do With This Major?
- If you are like many students and some graduates as well, you may be wondering what exactly can I do with my major? By using the What Can I Do With This Major? resource tool, you can review a collection of information sheets on hundreds of academic majors and various career options your major can provide. From there, you’re able to view outlines of common career areas, typical employers, and strategies to maximize career opportunities. This best-in-class resource was purchased from the University of Tennessee (UT) for your use.
- What Can I Do With This Major?
Career Development Plan
Graduate School Resources
- Graduate School Timeline
- Common Graduate School Admission Exam
- How to Write Your Graduate School Personal Statement
- Freshman Resume Writing Guide and Template
- Education Resume Template
- Federal Government Resume Template
- Progressive Resume Template
- Nursing Resume Template
Dress for Success
Workshop and Seminars
- Resume 101: Where Do I Begin?
- How to Successfully Navigate Handshake
- Get LinkedIn and Build Your Professional Brand
- Mastering the Virtual Interview
Handshake is our career management database for full-time and part-time professional jobs, as well as internships and co-ops, for students and Alumni. With Handshake, you can search for opportunities based on your interests, major or geographic location. Additionally, you can maintain your résumé, schedule appointments, report work experiences (First Destination Survey), and keep updated and register for on-campus, off-campus and virtual career events.
Click here to access or activate your Handshake account.