Starting this semester, all students must register with the Academic Advising Center. You will need to schedule an advising appointment by March 31st. Appointments will be scheduled on a first come first serve basis. Make registration a priority, schedule your advising appointment today!
For more information regarding registration and how to make your appointment, Click Here.
About the Academic Advising Center (AAC)
At Kentucky State University, the Academic Advising Center is designed to inspire and support students in their pursuits to identify and achieve personal, educational, and career goals. Academic advising at Kentucky State University is a form of one-on-one teaching and mentoring. AAC works as a team to ensure student success. Each Student is assigned an Academic Advisor, a Success Coach, and a Faculty Mentor. The AAC team aims to get to know each student and to be available to support them in various ways. Students are likewise encouraged to play an active part in the advising relationship and seek their advising team’s help to:
- develop a 4 Year Study Plan
- declare and/or change a major or minor
- understand the contents in the Course Catalogue
- select courses for the upcoming term
- change course registration prior to Drop/Add
- improve academic skills
- understand academic policies
- monitor their academic progress
- explore post graduate and/or career plans
- connect to university resources
- develop skills needed for personal and professional success
Spring 2016 Hours of Operation
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Academic Services Building