Family Resource Management
Family economics and resource management Extension programs focus on building financial and economic security, management of the home and other resources, and consumer education. Programs are designed to reach general audiences as well as limited-resource and hard-to-reach groups. We provide state-wide support to all county Family and Consumer Sciences Extension agents, work with 4-H and other youth programs, and collaborate with groups, agencies and organization across Kentucky and in other states.
- The Earned Income Tax Credit –
Provides resources and information for promoting the Earned Income Tax Credit and Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program for low-to-moderate income consumers.
- Real Skills for Everyday Life –
A basic life skills curriculum that includes materials for Get More Bang for Your Buck: A Plan for Spending Your Money. Also includes information on paying bills, managing money in a crisis, and organizing records.
- Stretching Your Holiday Dollar –
A program to assist with managing money and other resources during the holiday season.
- MoneyPower: Wise Decisions About Your Money and Your Life for College Students –
A program designed to assist college students in developing a spending plan and understanding credit and debit cards, identity theft and more.
- Legally Secure Your Financial Future –
An estate planning curriculum with lessons on organizing important records, communicating your wishes to loved ones, and preparing important documents.
- Blue Jeans and Tennis Shoes: Planning a Comfortable and Happy Retirement –
Discusses the advantages to retirement, and things to consider for a comfortable and happy retirement.
Small Farm Development
- Center for Sustainability of Farms & Family
- Apiculture Program
- Animal Health
- Livestock Nutrition Program
- Small Ruminants
- Pastured Poultry
- Rosenwald 4-H Youth Development Center
- 4-H Tech Wizards
- AG Discovery (AGD)
- Youth Programming
- Summer Transportation Institute
- Watershed Education Program
- Kentucky River Thorobred