Dr. M. Christopher Brown II has been elected to serve as Kentucky State University’s 18th President.
Kentucky State University is currently searching for the next President to lead the institution. The Kentucky State University Board of Regents has appointed the Presidential Search Committee (PSC) and retained the services of Academic Search to assist with the search and selection process. The PSC will present a list of top candidates to the Board of Regents.
The PSC presented a slate of candidates to the Kentucky State University Board of Regents. The Board of Regents approved the slate of candidates and announced three finalists for the presidential search on Thursday, February 9, 2017, during a special meeting. The finalists are Dr. M. Christopher Brown II, Justice Tom Colbert, and Dr. Said Sewell. The Board of Regents anticipates making the final selection in March 2017.
The finalists will visit the campus on the following dates:
Justice Tom Colbert—Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Dr. M. Christopher Brown II—Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Dr. Said Sewell—Thursday, March 2, 2017
- All forums are open to the public.
- All forums will be held in the Carl M. Hill Student Center Ballroom.
- The student, faculty, and staff mix forum will allow for individuals who were not able to attend the forum designated for their group to attend an alternate session.
- All questions must be submitted in advance to the presidential search mailbox at email@example.com. Questions must be submitted no later than 5:00 p.m. the day prior to the candidate’s visit. In the email, please indicate to which candidate the question should be addressed and in which forum, identified by number, the question should be asked.
- The inquirer’s name will not be stated when the question is asked.
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Justice Tom Colbert
Forum 1:1 8:30-9:30 a.m. Staff Forum
Forum 1:2 10:00-11:00 a.m. Student, Faculty, and Staff Forum
Forum 1:3 1:30-2:30 p.m. Student Forum
Forum 1:4 3:00-4:00 p.m. Faculty Forum
Forum 1:5 4:30-5:30 p.m. Alumni and Community Forum
Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Dr. M. Christopher Brown II
Forum 2:1 9:00-10:00 a.m. Staff Forum
Forum 2:2 11:00-12:00 p.m. Student Forum
Forum 2:3 1:30-2:30 p.m. Student, Faculty, and Staff Forum
Forum 2:4 3:00-4:00 p.m. Faculty Forum
Forum 2:5 4:30-5:30 p.m. Alumni and Community Forum
Thursday, March 2, 2017
Dr. Said Sewell
Forum 3:1 9:00-10:00 a.m. Staff Forum
Forum 3:2 11:00-12:00 p.m. Student Forum
Forum 3:3 1:30-2:30 p.m. Student, Faculty, and Staff Forum
Forum 3:4 3:00-4:00 p.m. Faculty Forum
Forum 3:5 4:30-5:30 p.m. Alumni and Community Forum
Please continue to visit this site for updates. All inquiries concerning the search, search process, or finalists should be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.