We strongly encourage you to check out our International Student Handbook: What You Need to Know Before and After Your Arrival.
Apply to KSU
The University welcomes admission inquiries from students around the world. International students should have complete admission applications on file three months before the beginning of the term (summer/fall/spring semester) in which they intend to enroll. International students are expected to complete and submit your application online at https://ssb-prod.ec.kysu.edu/PROD/bwskalog.P_DispLoginNon. The admissions team (https://kysu.edu/directory/department/admissions/ ) will carefully review each application and conduct required admissions interviews for non-native English speaking applicants if necessary.
A completed application packet will include the following:
- A completed online or paper application
- A completed medical physical examination form and completed immunization records
- A transcript of secondary school credits verifying graduation
- All post-secondary school transcripts (if applicable)
- All post-secondary transcripts must be submitted to for a course-by-course evaluation to determine college credit equivalency.
- A copy of your passport
- An official statement from a sponsor or bank documenting financial support and/or deposit equivalent to $$$$$U.S.)
- Test scores for your college entry exam, such as ACT/SAT/TOEFL/IELTS/GRE. If you don’t have any scores of English proficiency, we may schedule a Skype interview.
These materials can be sent directly to the Kentucky State University by fax at 1-502-597, or by mail at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The B.R.E.D.S. Office
Kentucky State University
400 E Main St.
Frankfort, KY 40601
English Language Proficiency
We strive for excellence and quality in the education we provide at Kentucky State University. English language proficiency is required for admission. A TOEFL or IELTS score will work. The university suggests either a TOEFL internet-based test score of at least 61, a TOEFL paper-based score of at least 500, or an IELTS score of at least 5.5, with all individual sections scoring at least 5.0. English Language testing scores should be sent directly to us or written in the application materials. This way, we can ensure our international students are prepared to take on a full course-load of English-instructed classes without too many language difficulties. The institutional code to use to request your test score to be sent to Kentucky State University is 1368.
However, if you don’t have any TOEFL or IELTS scores, or your scores does not meet our requirements, you might be accepted but will be placed in our ESL program until your English is proficient for classes.