- Try restarting your computer.
- Make sure that you have a data cable and it is plugged in securely at both ends.
- Check the connection to your computer’s network card and the connection to the internet data jack in your room or apartment.
- Check for flashing green and yellow lights near the network port on your computer.
- A green light on, yellow light flashing usually means the connection is working. If this is not the case, the network card is not configured correctly, the internet data jack that you are plugged into is not working, or your data cable is bad.
- Try plugging the data cable into another internet data jack in the room.
- Inspect your data cable, make sure there are no visible signs of damage. Try to borrow a different cable from a friend and try to connect using this cable.
If the problem consists, contact the IT Help Desk.