Siddhartha (Sid) Dasgupta, Ph.D.Professor; Principal Investigator, Economics and Marketing Aquaculture Research Center College of Agriculture, Communities, and the Environment School of Aquaculture and Aquatic Sciences Aquaculture CenterRoom MPB 119400 East Main St.Frankfort, KY 40601(502) 597-5036(502) 597-8118 (fax)firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coyle, S., S. Dasgupta, J. H. Tidwell, A. VanArnum and L. A. Bright. (2002). The effect of stocking density on nursery production and economics in juvenile freshwater prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergii. Journal of Applied Aquaculture, In press.
- Dasgupta, S., D. Monestime and C. R. Engle. (2002). Can Commercial Catfish Producers Always Feed Efficiently? Aquaculture Economics and Management, in press.
- Webster, C. D., K. R. Thompson, A. M. Morgan, E. J. Grisby and S. Dasgupta (2001) Feeding frequency Affects Growth, Not Fillet Composition, of Juvenile Sunshine Bass Morone chrysops × M. saxatilis Grown in Cages, Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, (32):79-88.
- Dasgupta, S., J. Foltz, and B. Jacobsen. (2000) Trout Steaks: Consumer Perceptions of a New Food Item, Journal of Food Distribution Research, (November): 37-47.
- Dasgupta, S. and C. R. Engle. (2000) Nonparametric Estimation of Returns to Investments in Honduras Shrimp Research, Aquaculture Economics and Management, (4):141-155.
- Lochmann, R., H. Phillips, S. Dasgupta, D. Gatlin, and S. Rawles. (2000) Stable Carbon Isotope Ratios and Standard Production Data as Indices of Golden Shiner Performance in Pond Feeding Trials, Journal of Applied Aquaculture, forthcoming.
- Losinger, W., S. Dasgupta, C. R. Engle, and B. Wagner. (2000) Economic Interactions Between Feeding Rates and Stocking Densities in Intensive Catfish Production, Journal of the World Aquaculture Society, (31):491-502.
- Dasgupta, S. (1999) Integration of Arkansas Broiler Markets with Other Regional U.S. Broiler Markets, Arkansas Agriculture and Rural Development, (1): 2-4.
- Foltz, J., S. Dasgupta and S. Devadoss (1999) Consumer Perceptions of Trout as a Food Item, International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, (2): 83-101.
- Dasgupta, S., T. O. Knight, and H. A. Love (1999) Evolution of Agricultural Land Leasing Models: A Survey of the Literature, Review of Agricultural Economics, (21):148-176.
- Losinger, W., S. Dasgupta, C. R. Engle, B. Wagner and R. Sampath. (1999) Development of a Production Function to Investigate the Stochastic Nature of Catfish Production, p. 168-172, 1999 Proceedings of the American Statistical Association, Alexandria, Virginia.
Papers in Review
- Schardein, M. J., S. Dasgupta and S. D. Mims. Growth, Average Weight and Survival Rate of Paddlefish, Polyodon spatula, Stocked at Two Densities in Channel Catfish, Ictalurus punctatus, ponds.
- Dasgupta, S. and J. H. Tidwell. An average cost analysis of four hypothetical freshwater prawn, Macrobrachium rosenbergii, farms using experimental data from Kentucky.
- Dasgupta, S. and C.R. Engle. A Mathematical Programming Analysis of Catfish Production: 1-year versus a 2-year Model.
- Dasgupta, S., C. R. Engle, W. Losinger, and B. Wagner. Determining the Profit-Maximizing Pond Size in Levee-Style Catfish Farms.
Research Presentations in Professional Meetings
- “Modeling Continuous Multi-batch Production of Channel Catfish: A 1-year versus a 2-year Model.” Presented at the North American Fisheries Economics Forum, New Orleans, LA, April, 2001.
- “Can Commercial Catfish Producers Always Operate Efficiently?” Presented at the 2001 World Aquaculture Society Meeting, Orlando, FL, January, 2001.
- DOWNLOAD EXCEL WORKBOOK: This is an Excel workbook designed to allow users to predict the financial performance of a small-scale Apiculture farm over five years of operation.
Degrees and Certifications
- B. S. Angelo State Univ., Mathematics & Computer Science 3.8/4.0 Aug ‘88 to Aug ‘90
- M. S. Texas A&M Univ., Mathematics 3.2/4.0 Aug’90 to May ‘93
- M. S. Univ. of Texas, San Antonio; Statistics 4.0/4.0 Aug ‘93 to Dec ’93
- Ph. D. Texas A&M Univ., Agricultural Economics 3.7/4.0 Jan ‘94 to Dec ‘97
Specializes in Agricultural economics, agribusiness, agricultural marketing, statistics, mathematical modeling.