The Kentucky State University Police Department ensures the safety and security of all campus visitors. The police officers of the Kentucky State University Police Department are fully trained and sworn peace officers and are required to be certified through the Kentucky Department of Criminal Justice Training in accordance with KRS 15.380(1)(d). Through KRS 164.955, Kentucky State University police officers have general police powers including the power of arrest.
We are a full service agency and operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Overseeing safety and security of the KSU campus community
- General patrol by both vehicle and on foot
- Response to criminal and vehicle collision reports
- Medical calls and fire alarms
- Maintenance of emergency notification systems
- Providing safety tips and information on campus safety
- Vehicle registration
- Crime statistic records and logs
We Value Community-based Policing
Kentucky State University’s Campus Police department believes in the importance of strong values in policing. We value human life, and the courage to do what is right. Being approachable, fair and compassionate are key to our success. Our professionalism means we strive to continuously improve and engage with the multifaceted community around us.
Paul G. Blazer Library
400 East Main Street
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Dispatch: (502) 597-6878
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Text-A-Tip: (502) 545-7370- available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Lost and Found:
Fax: (502) 597-5827