Payments must be made on or before the published due date. If payments are received after the published due dates, late fees may be charged to the student’s account. For more information on payment deadlines, please refer to the Schedule of Classes.
Payments can be made towards your account through any one of the following options:
Cash payments must be made at the Cashier Office. Check payments can be done by mail or at Cashier Office.
Please allow 5 to 7 days for processing any checks mailed to the Bursar’s Office. Registration fee payments must be received by the Bursar’s Office by the appropriate fee payment deadline, regardless of postmark date. Checks should be mailed to the following address:
Kentucky State University
400 East Main St.
Cashier Office Room 364
Frankfort, Ky. 40601
- The cashier office is located at Room 364 the 3rd floor of the Academic Services Building.
- It is open Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Payment by Credit Card or ACH (Electronic Check) through WIRED
Note: Credit Card payments are final and available online, over the phone via the cashier office or at the on campus cashier service window.
To access this on-line feature follow the steps below:
- Go to www.kysu.edu.
- Click on the link WIRED.
- Click on “Enter Secure Area”.
- Enter your User ID and Pin #.
- Click Login.
- Click on the “Current Students” tab.
- Click on “Student Records” tab.
- Click on “Account Summary” or “Account Summary by Term”.
- Click on the link at the bottom of the page titled “Credit Card Payment”.
- You will now be in the Touchnet Portal where you need to enter you User ID and Pin #.
- Follow the steps through the Touchnet Portal to make an ACH or Credit Card Payment.
If a check/draft or credit card which is used to satisfy enrollment fees is returned or dishonored by your financial institution, you will be assessed a $50 returned check service charge and your registration is subject to cancellation.
Payment Installment Option (PIO)
Registration is subject to deletion and/or a $100 late payment fee, if fee payment requirements for enrollment fees are not satisfied by the appropriate fee payment deadline listed in the Academic Calendar.
The Payment Installment option is offered to all students in order to help satisfy payment requirements by the appropriate fee payment deadline.
- The PIO will include all unpaid tuition and fees, Dining Dollars and/or housing charges.
- Before enrolling in the PIO, students will be required to read and accept terms of the plan on Touchnet.
- The enrollment fee of $25 is due when signing up for the PIO through Wired/Touchnet. The PIO enrollment fee is not refundable, regardless of when your financial aid or other payments are applied to your account.
- Enrollment in PIO is not automatic. You must enroll online through Wired.
- Students may pay the full installment amount due online.
- PIO enrollment is available through the end of late registration deadline dates for each Fall and Spring terms. Please refer to the Academic Calendar for specific dates.
- The remaining installment payments are due in four separate installments.
- Students remain responsible for the installment payments by the appropriate deadline, even if they do not receive or do not open their online invoice on Wired or through campus email.
- Students who drop or withdraw from classes after the 100% drop period may have a balance due under the Payment Installment. Tuition and fees are adjusted based on the drop or withdrawal date. A refund would only be issued to the student if the newly adjusted amount of fees is less than the amount that has been paid by the student resulting in a credit balance.
- Unpaid installment amounts will cause holds to be placed on registration for future terms, viewing/receiving grades for current or future terms, or receiving transcripts/diplomas.
- The University reserves the right to deny students the privilege of using the PIO.
If you have any questions regarding the PIO, please contact the Bursar’s Office at (502) 597-6278.
Fee Payment Deadlines / Refunds / Important Dates
- 100% Refundable- Prior to first day of class ending January 17, 2020
• 75% Refundable- January 18, 2020 – January 24, 2020
• 50% Refundable- January 25, 2020 – January 31, 2020
• 25% Refundable- February 1, 2020 – February 7, 2020
• 0% Refundable – February 8, 2020 and after
Questions concerning refunds should be directed to the Bursar’s Office.
Important Registration Dates
Continuing Students Registration –
Thursday, January 9, 2020 through Friday, January 10, 2020 from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Academic Services Building
New Students Registration –
Thursday, January 9, 2020 through Friday, January 10, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Academic Services Building
Late Registration –
Saturday, January 11, 2020 through Friday, January 17, 2020 from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Location: Academic Services Building and appropriate offices
See Academic Calendar for fee payment deadlines