Get the latest updates:
2019 – 2020 Housing Application Information
Students must be admitted to Kentucky State University prior to completing the housing application process. All students requesting University Housing must complete the following process:
- Complete a University Housing Application (below via WIRED Account).
- Pay the housing application fee by check or money order, made payable to Kentucky State University with his/her CWID# included on the check/money order. (Do not send cash in the mail.) Please mail housing application fees to:
Kentucky State University, Office of Residence Life
Academic Services Building, Suite 317
400 East Main Street, Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
- Complete FAFSA for the 2019 – 2020 school year.
- Sign the 2019 – 2020 Two-Semester Residence Hall Contract.
As a residential institution committed to student development, KSU requires every full-time freshman and sophomore to live on campus with the following exceptions:
- Students who are veterans of at least two years of active military service;
- Students who commute from the home (principal residency) of parents or legal guardian (50 miles or less);
- Students who are married;
- Students who are parents (the student must have legal custody of the child); or
- Students 21 years of age and older.
Note: Students will not be permitted to sign a two-semester residence hall contract OR check-in to University Housing until they have completed all necessary processes to obtain satisfactory status (i.e. financially, academically, judicially, etc.) with the University.
Housing Application Fees
(Standard) University Housing Application Fee is $100. This fee includes the following:
- Room Maintenance Fee: $40
- Personal Property Insurance Fee: $60
Accidental Damage Insurance
The University also requires that each resident purchase a Theft, Fire, Natural Disaster and Accidental Damage insurance policy, which costs $50 . This insurance policy is an annual policy and
must be purchased each year.
Note: Students are not permitted to substitute this policy with another insurance policy and the $50 insurance fee is automatically included in the University Housing Application Fee.
Housing Application Deadlines
- Summer Session: Wednesday, May 15, 2019 (No Housing Application Fee is required for current housing students.)
- Fall Session: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 for current students and Wednesday, June 1, 2019 for new students.
University Housing is not guaranteed by completing the housing application process. Students who have been granted University Housing will sign a two-semester residence hall contract including their housing assignment information beginning June 15.
Housing Waiting List
Students who submit University Housing Applications and Fees after the above deadlines OR University Housing is at capacity will be placed on the University Housing Waiting List. If University Housing is not available, students are responsible for making housing arrangements off campus. Students on the waiting list may be offered alternative housing spaces or off-campus housing.
Housing assignments are given on a first come, first served basis according to: 1) the date the University Housing Application and Fee are received from the student, 2) the date the student completes his/her FAFSA, AND 3) the date the student obtains satisfactory status with the University. Every effort will be made to honor a student’s preference of residence hall and room type. However, a particular room, residence hall, nor room type is not guaranteed. Room change requests will be considered after September 1 of each year for the fall semester, February 1 of each year for the spring semester, and June 1 of each year for the summer session. Requests are not guaranteed.
Roommate requests are not guaranteed. Roommate assignments will be arranged as necessary. Students desiring to room with each other must do the following:
- Both individuals must request each other and enter both the name and KSU CWID number for the requested roommate on their individual University Housing Application;
- Both individuals must request the same rankings of residence halls and room types; and
- Both individuals must complete the housing application process within five business days of each other.
Students with disabilities that will need special accommodations for on-campus housing should indicate the need on their housing application. Also, the student should contact the Disability Resource Center (DRC) located in the Academic Services Building, Room 241. The student should contact DRC to discuss their needs and fill out a Request for accommodation Form prior to arrival. Additional information may be obtained by contacting:
Office of Residence Life
400 E. Main Street
Frankfort, KY 40601
KSU does not discriminate in the provision of housing to students with disabilities. KSU will provide comparable, convenient, and accessible housing to students with disabilities at the same cost as to others. KSU will make reasonable modifications to its housing policies, procedures, and practices when the modifications are necessary to avoid discrimination, unless the University can demonstrate that making the modifications would fundamentally alter the nature of the housing services provided by the University.
- Housing Accommodation Needs for Students with Disabilities
- Housing Accommodation Process for Students with Disabilities
A student forfeits his or her assigned room when he or she has not checked into the residence hall by noon the next day after the official Move-In Day. Students who need to check into the residence hall after the deadline must submit a written notice via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax at (502)597-5896, or letter to the Office of Residence Life prior to the official Move-In Day. Failure to give notice of checking in may result in reassignment or loss of assignment.
University Housing Cancellations
When an application has been processed and a contract has been signed for the upcoming year, cancellations can be made before the specified deadline with no penalty. However, room and board charges may be assessed to the student’s account if cancellations are made after July 1 of each year for the fall semester, after December 15 of each year for the spring semester and after June 1 of each year for the summer session. University Housing Application Fees are nonrefundable.
Click on the “Apply Now” link below to access the 2019 – 2020 University Housing Application via WIRED.
Instructions to navigate in WIRED, after clicking the link below:
- Click on “Enter Secured Area” and log into WIRED
- Click on the Student & Financial Aid link
- Click on Residence Life – University Housing Application
- Complete the application and click submit.