- Nominations are accepted for each fiscal year July 1 - June 30.
- Nominator provides written statement of employee’s exemplary performance and/or service
- Nominator must complete the nomination form and demonstrate exemplary performance, such as: performs beyond standard expectation; produces high-quality work; goes above and beyond to complete a task; demonstrates a high-degree of initiative; assists when the University is short-staffed; volunteers for special projects and/or events; contributes toward efficiency and effectiveness in the workplace; performs in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner at all times; demonstrates and encourages a supportive, team-oriented campus environment
- Electronic confirmation of receipt is sent to the nominator
- Nominee is notified after verification of eligibility requirements
All full- and part-time employees of the Kentucky State University are eligible for nomination each month. Any employee, student or visitor of the University can make a nomination by completing the nomination form. Nominations must be submitted by close of business on the last day of the month for eligibility.
Each nominee will receive a Kentucky State University certificate signed by the President, a special gift, a University pin and kudos via the University’s website, newsletter and social media outlets. Nominees for each month will be submitted to Institutional Research for random selection of the Thorobred of the Month. Thorobred of the Month recipients will receive a designated parking space for one month, special recognition by the Board of Regents at its quarterly board meeting, their names displayed on the Winner’s Circle Wall of Brand Champions and an invitation to attend a reception with the Board of Regents.