To: Benefit Eligible Employees
Hello, and welcome to another Open Enrollment period at Kentucky State University.
Open Enrollment for 2019 begins on April 30, 2019, and closes May 17, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (EST). Open Enrollment is your annual opportunity to review, enroll in or make changes to your medical, dental, vision, life and disability benefits, as well as flexible spending and health savings accounts, and to add or drop coverage for eligible dependents. Benefit elections or changes made during Open Enrollment are effective July 1, 2019.
In an effort to go green and leverage technology, you will need to access your benefit summary online this year by accessing https://www.workforcenow.adp.com navigate to myself -> benefits to view your current benefit coverage.
In addition, we recommend you participate in the Benefits Fair where you can learn more about your benefit options on Tuesday, April 30, 2019, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Cooperative Extension Building, room 238.
We also encourage you to visit the site lab for benefits sign-up and assistance, Thursday, May 2, Wednesday, May 8, Thursday May 16. 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., ASB, 509.
Your current medical plan, FSA, DCA, LSA and HSA elections will not automatically re-enroll in 2019. Please note: If you do not elect a medical plan, you will be defaulted into no coverage. You will be required to actively enroll in certain benefits for 2019, even if you do not plan to change your elections. Please be sure to make your elections before the end of this year’s Open Enrollment period.
Benefit elections and changes cannot be made outside of the three-week Open Enrollment period, unless you experience a qualified life event such as a change in marital status, the birth or adoption of a child, a change in your spouse’s work status or coverage, etc.
For 2019-2020, we are pleased to announce that the premiums for *most medical plans will be decreasing. The level of coverage for both Preferred Provider Organization(PPO), and High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) are the same plans and will continue to be administered directly by Anthem Blue Cross. Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance will remain with the current providers and the premiums remain the same. (*cross-reference participants please contact the OHR for premium information).
Our focus on wellness continues to expand and thrive with many initiatives and activities that are available throughout the year. As a Humana GO365 http://www.go365.com participant this plan year, incentive has been added to encourage you to focus on your personal wellness. If you have medical coverage and enroll and become active and reach silver status or higher you will receive a monthly incentive towards your premium or HSA, whichever applies. Please be sure to join us at the Benefits Fair to learn more information.
Director, Human Resources
OPEN ENROLLMENT CHECKLIST
- Mark your calendar – Open Enrollment is April 30 through May 17. Benefits fair is April 30, Cooperative Extension Building, Room 238 from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Know your WorkforceNow ADP User ID and Password and Sign up. You are required to make changes through www.workforcenow.adp.com, so you will need to make sure you remember your login information and sign up for your benefits. For any assistance with your ADP WorkforceNow login call the Payroll Department at (502) 597-6332.
- In an effort to go green and leverage technology you will need to access your benefit summary online this year. www.workforcenow.adp.com navigate to -> myself -> benefits to view your current benefit coverage or download the ADP mobile app to view your information.
- Log into www.workforcenow.adp.com navigate to myself -> my information -> profile and add and/or verify your personal information. Please ensure your home and work address, phone, email and emergency contact information is accurate.
- Your current medical plan will NOT automatically re-enroll in 2019. You will be required to actively enroll, even if you do not plan to change your elections. Please be sure to make your elections before the end of this year’s open enrollment period.
- If you wish to participate in a Health Care or Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you must re-enroll every year. You may elect up to $2,700 for the Health Care FSA and $5,000 (per household) for the Dependent Day Care FSA., you must re-enroll, even if you had one last year.
- If you are adding a dependent to your coverage, all supporting documentation must be submitted to the Office of Human Resources (OHR) by Friday, May 24, 2019. Please submit your supporting documentation via email at email@example.com or fax at (502) 597-6450.
- Enroll in Humana go365 http://www.go365.com to receive great rewards and university incentives.
- If you make an optional life insurance election that requires proof of good health – often referred to as evidence of insurability (EOI) – you must complete your EOI by May 24, 2019.
- Confirm your elections are correct on your confirmation statement. Approximately 2 weeks after Open Enrollment closes, you will receive a confirmation statement to your KSU email address. Make sure everything looks correct and notify the OHR (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any errors by June 7, 2019.
- Double-check your July 26 paycheck. Make sure your benefit deductions look correct.
- I understand if I waived medical coverage for 2018-2019, I will not receive medical coverage for 2019-2020, unless I enroll.
- If I do currently have coverage I understand that I must actively enroll in certain benefits for the 2019-2020 plan year.