The Marketing Specialization provides a specialization of study for students planning careers in marketing research, advertising, retailing, or sales management.
changing, and globally competitive business environment. This program also provides a solid background for students who may want to pursue graduate work in business or related areas.
Graduates should be able to:
- Understand basic marketing principles and apply them effectively in their professional lives;
- Design and manage programs that create and deliver the organization’s products and services to its various markets;
- Demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, decision- making, communication, quantitative nd information technology skills.
Students who successfully complete the Marketing specialization may either join the workforce immediately upon graduation or pursue a graduate degree. Career marketing opportunities include positions at management-trainee level in corporate marketing, sales, account management, distribution management, and advertising. Graduate degree opportunities include the MBA (Masters of Business Administration), and the Ph.D. with a major in marketing or other management disciplines.
Curriculum guides are designed to help students stay on track for timely graduation. In order to remain on track, students must complete the minimum requirements for each tracking semester, known as milestones. Milestones may include successful completion of specified courses and/or attainment of a minimum GPA.
Following the sample academic plan and its milestones will help students stay on track to graduate in four years. Students will need to refer to and/or print both the appropriate Liberal Studies Requirements AND the appropriate major sheet in order to view the complete degree program requirements.
- Liberal Studies General Core Requirements
- Liberal Studies Requirements: Whitney Young School Honors Program
- BA – Business Administration: Specialization in Marketing
- MGT 352: Supply Chain Management
- MKT 310: Personal Selling
- MKT 315: Retailing Management
- MKT 320: Marketing Communications
- MKT 325: Internet Marketing
- MKT 430: Marketing Research
- MKT 440: Consumer Behavior
- MKT 490: Strategic Marketing Management