The Kentucky State University Board of Regents is the governing body of Kentucky State University. The Board consists of 11 members, including a Staff representative, a Student representative, a Faculty representative, and eight Governor-appointed members http://www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes.
The student body President serves as the Student Regent for one academic year and replaced by their successor Student body President.
There are five Board committees: Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Finance and Audit, and the External Relations and Development. Board members Chair and serve on these committees. Board Committees meet publicly the morning of full Board meetings.
The current Board of Regents includes:
- Ms. Mindy Barfield, Esq. (2021)
- Dr. Karen W. Bearden (2019), Chairperson
- Dr. Elaine Farris (2020)
- Mr. Derrick Gilmore, MS (2019), Staff Regent
- Mr. Paul C. Harnice, Esq. (2022)
- Dr. LaVaughn Henry (2017)
- Mr. Dalton Jantzen, MS (2022)
- Mr. Ekumene M. Lysonge, Esq. (2018)
- Dr. Elgie McFayden (2019), Faculty Regent
- Dr. Syamala H.K. Reddy (2021)
- Mr. Ralph Williams (2017), Student Regent