Applications for admission to graduate studies at Kentucky State University must be submitted to:
Office of Graduate Studies
Academic Services Building, Suite 256
Kentucky State University
Frankfort, Ky. 40601
Prospective students must identify the Graduate program to which you are applying. All admissions application materials must be sent to the Office of Graduate Studies, including:
- Main Application Page
- Supplement Application Page
- Personal Essay/Statement of Goals/Career Objectives
- Application Fee
- Official Transcript
- First Reference
- Second Reference
- Third Reference
- Supervisor Recommendation
- Graduate Admission Test Score (GRE, GMAT, PRAXIS, etc.)
Note: click the link Graduate Admission Test Score for specific requirements.
Additional requirements For international students:
- International Application Fee
- International Applicant Supplement Page
- Deposit for International Students
- Verification of Financial Support Form
- Transcript Translation and Evaluation
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS)
Note: To be considered for graduate admission, the application must contain all the required materials and must be submitted according to the deadlines published in The University Bulletin.
- Location: Academic Services Building, Suite 256
- Phone: (502) 597-4723
- Email: email@example.com
Additional Requirements for Admission by Each Graduate Program
Each program has stipulations regarding admissions requirements, and these are described below. Review information about the program of interest to you for specific requirements for admission into the program. Click on the link of the program for information about the program.
Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP)
Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Behavioral Science
- Visit the Master of Arts in Interdisciplinary Behavioral Science website.
Master of Arts in Special Education with a Certification in Learning Behavior Disorders (MA-LBD, P-12)
- Visit the Online Masters of Special Education website.
Master of Science in Aquaculture
- Visit the Aquaculture Program website.
Master of Science in Environmental Studies
- Visit the Master of Science in Environmental Studies website.
Master of Science in Computer Science Technology (MSCST)
- Visit the Computer Science Technology Graduate Program website.
Master of Public Administration
- Visit the Master of Public Administration website.
Master of Business Administration
- Visit the Master of Business Administration (MBA) website.
- US Citizens & Residents: $30
- International Applicants: $100
The application fee is non-refundable.
- Fall Enrollment: July 1
- Spring Enrollment: November 15
- Summer Enrollment: May 1
Graduate admission decision is made shortly after the applicant’s file is determined by the Office of Graduate Studies to be complete, and the applicant may be notified far in advance of the application deadline. These application deadlines apply to domestic students. Foreign applicants require longer processing time, so foreign applicants should complete their applications as early as possible, preferably at least three months prior to prospective enrollment. Applicants who seek financial aid, scholarships, internships, and/or assistantships should consult the regulations of the program to which they are applying for earlier due dates. Places in the entering classes will be reserved on a rolling basis, and so earlier applications may be favored for admission.