The M.S. in Computer Science Technology offers two program options:
Students elect to complete either program as ‘Thesis’ or ‘Non-Thesis’. The non-thesis track requires the completion of either 6 hours of COS796 (Project), or 2 additional electives.
Students will be admitted according to one of the following plans:
- Plan A: Students with a Computer Science undergraduate degree may skip the Foundation courses and begin Core courses upon admittance (30 hours total).
- Plan B: Students with a non-Computer Science undergraduate degree are required to complete the Foundation courses (9 hours) before taking Core courses (39 hours total).
All program requirements must be completed within 3 years of initial admission (at full-time status) or 4 years (at part-time status), unless otherwise approved by the Computer science Graduate Student Coordinator.
Both the Cybersecurity and Information Engineering options requires the following Core classes (3 hours each, total of 15 hours):
- COS 506: Advanced Programming & Data Structures
- COS 515: Advanced Database Management System
- COS 536: Software Engineering
- COS 570: Advanced Computer Architecture and Software
- COS 585: Information Security
The Foundation courses for those with a non-Computer Science undergraduate degree are:
- COS 502: Computer Science Foundation I (Introduction to Programming)
- COS 504: Computer Science Foundation II (Discrete Mathematics)
- COS 505: Computer Science Foundation III (OS Design)
Option-specific information can be found using the links above.
Admission to the graduate program is based on evidence that the candidate has attained a certain minimum level of academic proficiency. Admission requirements include good undergraduate academic standing, transcripts, GRE scores and three (3) letters of recommendation from undergraduate teachers, or current employers if working in the field of technology. Candidates must assume responsibility for providing complete admission data.
Each prospective student must submit a completed and signed application form with a non-refundable fee of $30 USD ($100 for international applicants).