In addition to the overall and common professional core objectives, the Marketing Area of Specialization expects the following of its graduates:
- They will possess the communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills required of professional marketing positions in corporations, government, or small business organizations in an ever-changing, and globally competitive business environment
- They are able to understand basic marketing principles and apply them effectively in their professional lives
- They can design and manage programs that create and deliver an organization’s products and services to its various markets
- They can demonstrate analytical, problem solving, decision-making, communication, quantitative, and information technology skills
This program also provides a solid background for students who may want to pursue graduate work in business or related areas.
In addition to the general education and common professional core component learning outcomes, the Marketing area-specific desired learning outcomes are:
- To continue development of general education and common professional core component learning outcomes
- To gain a detailed understanding of the major subfields of marketing: (marketing communications, marketing management, marketing research, and consumer behavior)
- To be able to apply marketing principles and knowledge to solve marketing problems and make sound business decisions
- To understand and be able to take advantage of career opportunities in marketing
If you are interested in receiving more information about this or any of our other programs, please let us know. You may contact us by completing the “More Info” form, e-mailing us at B.School@kysu.edu, or by calling (502) 597-6708.