In addition to the overall and common professional core objectives, the Management Area of Specialization expects the following of its graduates:
- They will possess the knowledge and skills necessary to fill professional management positions in corporate, government, or small business in an ever-changing, globally competitive business environment
- They will be able to work effectively with others and lead others in a common mission
- They can demonstrate analytical, problem solving, decision-making, communication, quantitative, and information technology skills
- This program also provides a solid background for students who may want to pursue graduate work in management or related areas.
In addition to the general education and common professional core component learning outcomes, the Management area-specific desired learning outcomes are:
- To continue development of general education and common professional core component learning outcomes
- To understand the most common organizational functions (managerial accounting, human resources; , transportation and logistics, and production management)
- To be able to apply the management functions of planning, organizing, staffing, motivating and controlling within an organization’s functional areas and to the organization as a whole
- To determine a career mission and develop a strategy in order to take advantage of career opportunities in management
If you are interested in receiving more information about this or any of our other programs, please let us know. You may contact us by completing the “More Info” form, e-mailing us at B.School@kysu.edu, or by calling (502) 597-6708.