In addition to the overall and common professional core objectives, the Accounting Area of Specialization expects the following of its graduates:
- They will possess the knowledge and skills necessary for a professional accounting position in public accounting, industry and government in an ever-changing, globally competitive business environment.
- They are able to understand and apply principles and practices in the major functional areas of accounting
- They can demonstrate analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, communication and information technology skills
The program also provides a solid background for students who may want to pursue graduate work in accounting or related areas.
In addition to the general education and common professional core component learning outcomes, the Accounting area-specific desired learning outcomes are:
- To continue development of general education and common professional core component learning outcomes
- To understand the major functional areas of accounting: financial accounting, cost accounting, accounting systems, taxation, and auditing
- To be able to apply accounting principles and practices, solve accounting-related problems, and make sound business decisions
- To understand and be able to take advantage of career opportunities in accounting
If you are interested in receiving more information about this or any of our other programs, please let us know. You may contact us by completing the “More Info” form, e-mailing us at B.School@kysu.edu, or by calling (502) 597-6807.