Annonaceous Acetogenin Research Outside of Kentucky State University:
- The Alternative Medicine Pawpaw and Its Acetogenin Constituents Suppress Tumor Angiogenesis via the HIF-1/VEGF Pathway. 2010. Veena Coothankandaswamy, Yang Liu, Shui-Chun Mao, J. Brian Morgan, Fakhri Mahdi, Mika B. Jekabsons, Dale G. Nagle and Yu-Dong Zhou. J. Nat. Prod. 73:956–961.
- Paw Paw and Cancer: Annonaceous Acetogenins from Discovery to Commercial Products. 2008. Jerry L. McLaughlin. Journal of Natural Products, 71:1311-1321.
- Evaluation of Various Parts of the Paw Paw Tree, Asimina triloba (Annonaceae), as a Commercial Source of the Pesticidal Annonaceous Acetogenins. 1993. Sunil Ratnayake, J. Kent Rupprecht, William M. Potter, and Jerry L. McLaughlin
- Monthly Variations in Biological Activity of Asimina triloba. 1996. Holly. A. Johnson, J. Gordon, and Jerry .L. McLaughlin
- “Annonaceous Acetogenins: Recent Progress”, Journal of Natural Products, 1999, from Volume 62, Number 3, pages 504-540.
- “Pawpaw lice remover shampoo”
- “The Use of Biological Assays to Evaluate Botanicals”, Drug Information Journal, pp. 513-524, 1998.
Annonaceous Acetogenin Research at Kentucky State University:
- Papers and Presentations:
- Acetogenin Update. 2011. Kirk Pomper. 3rd International Pawpaw Conference.
- Potential of Ripe Pawpaw Fruit Extract as an Insecticide and Feeding Deterrent for Striped Cucumber Beetle on Squash. 2010. Sedlacek, J.D., K.L. Friley, J.D. Lowe and K.W. Pomper. J. Entomol. Sci. (In Press).
- Identification of Annonaceous Acetogenins in the Ripe Fruit of the North American Pawpaw (Asimina triloba). 2009. Pomper, Kirk W., Jeremiah D. Lowe, Sheri B. Crabtree, and William Keller. J. Agric. Food Chem. 57: 8339–8343.
- Identification of Annonaceous Acetogenins in the Ripe Fruit of the North American Pawpaw (Asimina triloba). De’Anna Craycroft, Kirk Pomper, Jeremiah Lowe, and Sheri Crabtree. 2009. Posters at the Capitol.
- The Influence of Light Level on Annonaceous Acetogenin Activity in Pawpaw (Asimina triloba) Stem Tissue. 2009. Emerald Gates, Kirk Pomper, Jeremiah Lowe, and Sheri Crabtree. 2009. Posters at the Capitol.
- Assessment of Variation in Annonaceous Acetogenin Activity in Pawpaw (Asimina triloba) Cultivars. Jeremiah D. Lowe, Kirk W. Pomper, Sheri B. Crabtree, and Jessica Durham. 2008. Kentucky Academy of Science Meeting. Lexington, KY. Poster Presentation.
- 2007 USDA Capacity Building Grant entitled: “Anticancer and Neuroprotective Properties of Pawpaw Fruit Extracts and Acetogenin Bioavailability”; the grant was coauthored by Hideka Kobayashi, Kirk Pomper, and Changzheng Wang.
- 2009 Evans-Allen Grant entitled: “Development of Niche Fruit and Nut Crops for Kentucky and the Southeastern United States” by Kirk W. Pomper.
Other Links (KSU does not endorse acetogenin products)