Environmental Science Capacity-Building Grant
The overall objective of this program is to enhance and strengthen the environmental science curriculum by providing a wider scope of environmental science courses and experiential learning opportunities for students.
- Program Overview
- Curriculum Review & Development: The curriculum committee of KSU’s College of Agriculture, Communities, and the Environment has held a series of discussions about strengthening the Agriculture, Food and Environment (AFE) program and curricula.
- Summer Bridge Program: One goal of the project is to attract high school students to KSU’s AFE undergraduate program. A major part of this particular initiative is the new “Summer Bridge” program.
- Facilities & Laboratories: Kentucky State University (KSU) has made a long-term, ongoing investment in facilities and land to support education and research efforts to meet the needs of students.
- Student Scholars: A goal of the environmental education program is to promote experiential learning, especially among a small group of “student scholars.”
- Student Recruitment & Advising: A primary focus of this project is to attract more students to the field of environmental science through very intentional recruitment, retention and summer-bridge programs. The project will work closely with both the private sector and with agricultural and science teachers and counselors in high schools across Kentucky.
- Resources & Progress Reports: The major result of this project will be a strengthened Agriculture, Food and Environment undergraduate program with an enhanced and science-based Environmental Science Option curricula and experiential learning activities.
- Contact the Project Team