Hello! Thank you for your interest in the College of Agriculture, Communities, and the Environment. Part of Kentucky State University’s historic 1890 Land Grant Program, the college offers two undergraduate degree opportunities, two graduate degree opportunities, and many certificates in career-specific topics.
The Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, Food, and Environment offers options in Agricultural Systems, Environmental Systems, Nutritional Sciences and Food Systems, Aquaculture Systems, and Agriculture Business. The Agriculture Business program trains students in various aspects of business and management necessary for success in any agriculture-related business. The Bachelor of Arts in Child Development and Family Relations prepares students for careers in early childhood development and family and consumer sciences.
At the graduate level, students can get a Masters in Environmental Studies or a Masters in Aquaculture/Aquatic Sciences.
Online classes are available, or join us in Frankfort and take advantage of KYSU Ag’s 300-acre research farm, 307-acre Environmental Education and Research Center, and 14-acre Aquaculture Research Center. We encourage hands-on, experiential learning at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
Interested? Set up a time to visit us. We’d love to meet you!
Kirk W. Pomper, Ph.D.
College of Agriculture, Communities, and the Environment
The College of Agriculture, Communities, and the Environment Academic Programs:
- Master of Science in Aquaculture & Aquatic Science
Experiential Learning Opportunities in Agriculture:
- Family and Consumer Sciences
- Health Education
- Agriculture and Natural Resources
- 4-H and Youth Development
- Environmental Stewardship
- Small Farms
- Community Resource Development
- Agriculture Entrepreneurship
The Land Grant learning experience is supported by:
- The 300-acre Environmental Education and Research Center
- The 300-acre Harold R. Benson Research and Demonstration Farm
- A 14-acre Aquaculture Research Center
- An aquatic and environmental science vessel
- Numerous research and demonstration laboratories and field stations
Pawpaw Research and Extension Program
Third Thursday Thing
Environmental Education and Research Center
Rosenwald Center for 4-H Youth Development
Small-Scale Farm Grant Program