Click links below for details.1. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL HOLD A STAND-ALONE COMMENCEMENT FOR SPRING 2020 GRADUATES.
• The Governor has not yet reopened the Commonwealth of Kentucky, so the May 8 graduation date is postponed. Commencement will be confirmed upon the first available date following the Governor’s directives.
• Graduates: Please use the following link to order your cap and gowns: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/customer/1069847/Kentucky-State-University/
• Don’t miss out on our Spring 2020 Cap Decorating Contest! For official rules, visit www.kysu.edu/Class2020. Email photos of your decorated graduation cap to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and Student ID in the email. Cash prizes and a grand winner will be announced at Commencement.
• Kentucky State University will hold a special online congratulatory event for all graduates and will also participate in the national HBCU commencement celebration. Please note that neither of these events will replace our actual commencement.
2. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL PROVIDE A PRORATED REFUND TO STUDENTS WITH RESIDENCE HALL AND MEAL PACKAGES.
• Students whose housing is not covered by institutional aid, will receive a 25 percent refund.
• For continuing students who meet the requirements, funds will be applied to your account for the Fall 2020 semester. For Spring 2020 graduates and transfer students who meet the criteria, you will have a check mailed. Transfer students will be verified after the University’s official census date in the Fall 2020 semester.
3. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL SUPPORT GRADING FAIRNESS AND INTEGRITY IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19.
• The university has extended the course withdrawal date from March 27, 2020 to April 9, 2020.
• The Pass/Fail grading option has been approved as a choice that students can select for the Spring 2020 semester.
• The Bred’s Scholastic Rectitude Panel has been established to handle all Spring 2020 academic appeals to ensure impartiality and integrity.
• An online form will be available at kysu.edu/BSR on Friday, May 1, 2020 outlining guidelines and deadlines.
4. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL SUPPORT ON-TIME GRADUATION WITH REDUCED SUMMER TUITION.
• Take the courses you need online this summer to help meet your degree requirements.
• Now offering a reduced rate of $333/per course.
• Classes start May 30, 2020. Register with your advisor today!
5. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL PROVIDE A SCHEDULE FOR RESIDENCE HALL MOVE OUT.
• A calendar will be released for residence hall move out once interstate travel is reactivated by the Governor of Kentucky.
• The move out schedule will help to ensure that social distancing is practiced and all Thorobreds have a safe experience.
6. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL ESTABLISH A KSU CARES INITIATIVE FOR STUDENT SUPPORT IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19.
• KSU Cares will advise the campus community on the distribution of any federal COVID-19 relief funds for student support.
• Students may be able to receive funding for the Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 based on requirements.
7. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL FACILITATE THE DIRECT FORWARDING OF STUDENT MAIL AND PACKAGES.
• During this COVID-19 nationwide pandemic, we realize that you may have mail or packages that were sent to campus. If you have mail or packages that you need forwarded to your home or alternate address, please use the following link to provide your preferred forwarding address: kysu.edu/studentmail
8. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL PROVIDE VIRTUAL ACCESS TO ADVISORS TO ENSURE SUMMER AND FALL ENROLLMENT.
• As you gear up for Summer and Fall 2020 you will need to schedule an advising/registration appointment with your academic advisor.
• Please ensure you get in contact with your advisor today to schedule your appointment.
• If you do not know who your advisor is, please contact Mrs. Krissalyn Love (email@example.com).
9. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL PROVIDE ELECTRONIC HOUSING APPLICATION AND REDUCED DEPOSIT.
• The Fall 2020 housing deposit will be reduced to a rate of $100.
• New electronic housing application for the 2020-2021 school year will be available Friday, April 24, 2020 at kysu.edu/bredhousing.
10. KENTUCKY STATE UNIVERSITY WILL REWARD STUDENTS WHO COMPLETE THEIR THOROBRED BUSINESS WITH “I GOT NEXT!”
• All students who complete their 2020-2021 FAFSA, housing applications, and Fall 2020 course registration by Friday, May 1, 2020 will be entered into a raffle to WIN one of 18 prizes. One of the 18 prizes will be chosen for the CASH GRAND PRIZE!