What’s My Username?
[first initial of first name] + [last name] + [last 3 digits of KSU-assigned Student ID Number]
If you do not know your SID number, contact the KSU Registrar’s Office at 502-597-6234.
What’s My Password?
By default, your password is the entire 8 digits of your KSU-assigned Student ID Number, typed without hyphens.
Click on login
You will come to the SIGI3 login screen. If you already have a SIGI 3 ID, you can use it at this time. If you do not already have a SIGI3 ID, you can create a new SIGI3 ID.
Please keep this simple. If you forget it, you must sign on as a new user and all saved information will be lost! So once again, keep it simple!
About SIGI 3
Sigi 3 (System of Interactive Guidance and Information) is a career guidance system on the computer used to help students examine their career values, interests, and skills systematically. Once you enter your own criteria, the program searches to find careers that most closely match them. It contains nine separate, but interrelated sections, which cover all major aspects of career decision making and planning. The sections are described below:
- Introduction In the introduction you get an overview of how to use the system and how to get the most out of it.
- Self-Assessment enables you to evaluate your work related values, interests, and skills for a possible career match.
- Search allows you to search for occupations based on a major field of study or create a personalized list of occupations based on your own interests, values, or skills.
- Information gives up to date information about hundreds of occupations. It will provide definitions of the occupation, describe the work activities, the setting, and educational requirements.
- Skills learn what skills are needed in an occupation and whether you have these necessary skills.
- Preparing learn about the education or training requirements. This section will also recommend the best colleges or universities for particular programs.
- Coping gives practical advice on securing financial aid, managing time, finding daycare facilities, and so forth.
- Deciding based on personal criteria, the deciding section weighs potential rewards and chances for success in your chosen career.
- Final Step helps you establish short term goals and outlines the steps that are necessary to achieve those goals. Gives tips on developing new skills, building a network of contacts, writing a resume or cover letter, and applying for jobs.
*For further assistance and additional on-campus resources for career decision making and planning, please come by the Career Counseling & Placement office 241 ASB