Cooperative Education Program
The KSU Co-op Word is “Career, Opportunity, Occupation and Position.”
- Career: Individual Development of the student and his eventual Full Participation in Society
- Opportunity: Cooperative Education gives the student an opportunity to have work experience while he/she learns
- Position: Job placement upon graduation
Cooperative Education is a program which combines work experience with academic study. This program enables students to prepare more realistically for their future careers. The overall aim of experience-based learning is to improve the competence of the student and encourage cooperation and understanding between the academic and employment communities by:
- Providing a superior educational program through the integration of planned and structured career work experience with classroom instruction.
- Expanding opportunities for students to explore career options through work experiences.
- Assisting students in reducing educational costs.
- Providing private and public sector employers the opportunity to observe and evaluate student employees, thus facilitating personnel selection processes.
- Facilitating exposure and comprehension of educational needs and objectives by faculty, students, and employers.
Ron Banks, Director
Office of Career Counseling, Placement &