This curriculum provides students with high quality educational foundation for entry into management information systems related careers and will prepare students to pursue graduate or advanced professional education in business information systems and related fields.
This program provides a practical background for students interested in working in the management information system field. Graduates would possess basic knowledge of MIS, database, e-commerce, and other information system topics.
Graduates should be able to:
- Understand the purposes and functioning of management information systems,
- Participate in systems development teams,
- Understand the importance of internal control for information systems.
Students who successfully complete the Management Information Systems specialization should be prepared for introductory-level positions in systems design, systems analysis, information system control, and e- commerce. The curriculum also provides a sound background for graduate study in MIS.
Curriculum guides are designed to help students stay on track for timely graduation. In order to remain on track, students must complete the minimum requirements for each tracking semester, known as milestones. Milestones may include successful completion of specified courses and/or attainment of a minimum GPA.
Following the sample academic plan and its milestones will help students stay on track to graduate in four years. Students will need to refer to and/or print both the appropriate Liberal Studies Requirements AND the appropriate major sheet in order to view the complete degree program requirements.
- Liberal Studies General Core Requirements
- Liberal Studies Requirements: Whitney Young School Honors Program
- BA – Business Administration: Specialization in Management Information Systems
- MIS 301: Business Application Development and Programming
- MIS 303: Business Database Systems
- MIS 320: Introduction to ERP and Business Processes
- MIS 360: Advanced Mgmt Information Systems
- MIS 370: Electronic Commerce
- MIS 410: Internet Application Development
- MIS Electives (6 hours) *
* Choose from MIS 420, MIS 430, MIS 470 and MIS 475
Print This Page