Getting off to the best start at the beginning of the semester is important; therefore all new First Time in College and Transfer students at Kentucky State University are required to participate and complete a student orientation.
To get the most out of orientation, and to register for classes, you will need to have the following completed before attending New Student Orientation:
- Register for New Student Orientation
- Complete your 2014 – 2015 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete all necessary placement testing and submit scores
- Complete and Return the “Intent to Enroll” Packet to the Office of Admissions
New Student Orientation is an overview of Kentucky State University, important policies and procedures, and resources that will help you be successful. Orientation must be completed after successfully submitting the Admissions Application and includes sessions on student services, academic life, academic advising, and assistance with course registration. A campus tour is also available. Note that students will be unable to register for classes until this requirement is complete.
During Orientation You Will
- Meet other new students, current Kentucky State University student leaders, faculty and/or staff
- Learn your way around campus
- Find out about academic programs and campus resources available
- Meet with an academic advisor and register for the upcoming semester
- Get answers to your questions
Students who do not register for a New Student Orientation session will be accepted to attend orientation. To attend orientation, students must register on-site.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Thorobred New Student Orientation Checklist
- Hotel Accommodations
- Tell Me More About Frankfort, KY…