- Sponsor a Leadership program and conferences for Students
- Coordinate/implement, a Black History Month series
- Strongly support retention efforts by providing events/activities that will assist the students in ‘connecting’ with KSU.
- Assist with New Student Orientation
- Continue to increase the number of road trips/travel/events
- Sponsor the Annual Women’s Conference
- Oversee/maintain all facets of Student Organizations
- Enhance the development of students outside the classroom
- Co-sponsor activities with departments and organizations
- Sponsor Community Service activities
- Provide necessary equipment for the Game Room
- Sponsor more Commuter/Non-Traditional student events
- Celebrate Diversity through programs and events
- Maintain an open door policy with a positive atmosphere
- Sponsor the Annual Men’s Conference
- Teach strong work ethics through employment
It is the mission of the Student Life office to compliment the academic programs of study at Kentucky State University and enhance the overall educational experience of students through the development of, exposure to and participation in social, cultural, intellectual, recreational, and spiritual and governance programs. Student Life will also foster retention, stimulate an interchange of ideas, attitudes and opinions, provide outreach to community service, build self-esteem as well as provide opportunities to develop strong leadership skills.
Student participation in the design and implementation of these programs provides opportunities to develop characteristics of leadership, interpersonal skills, and personal growth which will assist them beyond KSU. This office provides structured activities, programs, services, resources and facilities to accomplish this mission. In addition, there are opportunities for additional growth through participation in student organizations which include academic, Greek, service and honorary.
The Student Life office recognizes that its mission, in cooperation with the mission of the University, is accomplished through the interaction of students, faculty, staff and administration, working closely together to meet the extracurricular and co-curricular needs of the students attending Kentucky State University.