- Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. The office is closed on holidays.
- Office Number: (502) 597-6877
- Fax Number: (502) 597-5827
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing Address:
Kentucky State University
Attn: Records Section
104 Young Drive
Frankfort, Ky. 40601
The Record Section provides copies of complaint and offense reports, as well as accident reports. The copies may be obtained in person or by mail.
- Copies are only available during regular business hours.
- Reports will be available in three to five business days after complaint has been filed.
Reports will only be released to victims involved, insurance companies and university representatives in the offense, incident or accident. Any information that may jeopardize the effective prosecution of a case will not be released without prior approval of the prosecuting attorney’s office. Parties that do not meet the qualifications for release of information will be referred to the Kentucky State University Legal Counsel for the proper filing of a Freedom of Information Request.
Due to the confidentiality standards, we do not release information from reports over telephone and we do not fax reports.
- To obtain a copy in person: Complete a report request form and present valid picture identification.
- To obtain a copy by mail: Complete a letter of request or a copy of the report request form and mail it along with a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address, to the attention of the Police Department Records Section. Once the records section receives your request, the report will be mailed within 14 business days.
Lost and Found
The property officer is available 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday excluding holidays.
All found property shall be maintained for five (5) months. If no one claims the property within the time frame, the property may be properly disposed of according to law.
Property being held for evidentiary purposes shall be returned to the lawful claimant as quickly as possible. Photographs will be utilized to return evidence to lawful claimants when it does not hinder the presentation of evidence in court. Evidence may also be released by a court order.
To claim property you must show proper identification be able to show proof, sales receipt, serial numbers or other known property identifiers.
To inquire about lost and found items, you can call (502) 597-6877 between the above hours or send an email.