- The person who purchases a parking permit will be held responsible for all parking violations by any vehicle bearing that permit.
- One parking ticket on KSU property without a valid permit may be excused for new faculty, staff and students, if a permit is purchased within seven days from the time the parking ticket was issued.
- An individual who receives 4 or more parking tickets and have not registered their vehicle is subject to being towed.Violations:
- No valid parking permit displayed: $35
- Parking outside permitted areas: $25
- Parking in Handicap spaces without proper permits: $100
- Parking in Reserved spaces: $50
- Permit not properly displayed: $10
- Occupying more than one or not in a designated space: $10
- Parking in restricted areas: $45
- Parking in violation of Safety Regulations: $25
- Exceeding limit on Timed Parking Spaces: $25
- Discarding pink copy of Ticket: $20
- Use of Stolen or Fraudulently obtained Permit: $100
- Fines are payable at the Bursar’s office in the Academic Service Building (ASB) between the hours of 8:30 to 3:00 Monday through Friday.
TOWING AND IMMOBILIZATION
The Kentucky State University Police Department has the authority to have a vehicle towed and or immobilized at the owner’s expense: Towing:
- When a vehicle has not been moved for an extended period of time and appears to be inoperable;
- When a vehicle is parked illegally in a handicapped space;
- When a vehicle is parked illegally in a reserved space;
- When a vehicle displays a parking permit that has been reported lost, stolen, forged or altered;
- When a vehicle is parked in a fire lane, blocking a doorway, dumpster, fire hydrant or emergency exit; or tow away zone;
- When any unregistered vehicle is determined to have four or more unpaid parking tickets.
- When an individual continues to park illegally and amassing numerous parking tickets.
Tow and Storage Fee:
If your vehicle has been towed because of excessive parking tickets, follow the procedure below to retrieve your vehicle:
- Come to the police department to find out how much your parking fines are;
- Pay the fine at the Bursar’s office (located in the ASB building);
- Bring receipt of payment back to the police department and you will be given a release form to give to the tow company.
Tow company: P&R TOWING
965 GLENNS CREEK
FRANKFORT, KY 40601
P & R towing will need the following information to pick up your vehicle:
- The release form
- And you must show them a valid driver license or KSU student ID
- If there is no release form needed you will need a valid driver license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration.
Towing fee (ALL FEES FOR TOWING IS PAID TO THE TOW COMPANY):
If the vehicle is left at the tow company’s impound lot over 30 days it becomes the property of the tow company. Fees are subject to change without notification.
Students: $85.00 first day, this includes $65 for the tow and $20 for storage. Storage fee is $20 per day.
Non-Students: $122.50 first day, this includes $97.50 for the tow and $25 for storage. Storage fee is $25 per day.
If you get to your vehicle before the tow truck driver leaves with your vehicle, you can pay a drop fee of $45 for students and $65 for non-student.
- If a vehicle is immobilized, the fee for removing the boot is $25(cash) to be paid at the police department.
- If the boot is in place more than 24 hours without payment the vehicle will be towed.
- If a vehicle drives away with the boot on the vehicle and causes damage, the owner/operator is responsible for paying for the replacement. The replacement cost is $350.