Welcome to the Kentucky State University’s Centers for Placement Testing and Career Preparation. Thank you for allowing us to serve you.
About the Center
Placement Testing and Career Preparation provides a collaborative learning environment which connects students, faculty, staff and the community in meaningful learning activities. The use of technology and test preparation guides support and provide opportunities that enhance the student’s career and professional choices.
Both centers support the University’s mission for preparing a diverse student population to compete in a global society. Standardized test preparation and test administration supported by these two units enables students to retain and graduate.
The goal of each center is to support the University’s mission for Kentucky public higher education. Testing is responsible for the administration, scoring, reporting and record keeping of a number of nationwide standardized institutional testing programs and services. Career Preparation will prepare students for standardized examinations.
Each unit supports the University’s strategic goal for retention and graduation.
Units Goals and Objectives
- To provide placement testing in order to complete the admissions process and other exams for career preparation. The Centers will also provide quality services related to registration, administration, proctoring, scoring and reporting following the secure and standardized procedures appropriate for each exam.
- Continue to provide collaborative efforts with other University units to increase student retention.
- Continue to provide PRAXIS I & II and LSAT Review Workshops each semester for Test Preparation and Registration support.
- Continue availability of Study Guides and Test information for test preparation.
- Continue to provide lab support for class and test preparation.
- William Exum Center Room 106
- For scheduling, call (502) 597-6206
Jamie L. Green
- Phone: (502) 597-5696
- Fax: (502) 597-6245
- Email: email@example.com
- Monday – Friday
- 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.