The goal of the Student Health Service is to provide quality health service to students. The student health program is broad in scope, encompassing preventive medicine, health education, health maintenance, medical and mental health care, referrals, and a drug and alcohol abuse program.
For the convenience of students, health education, medical consultation, and emergency treatment for minor illnesses and injuries are available free of charge to all students. Clinic hours at the Betty White Health Center are from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, during the regular academic year and Summer session. Services of the University Physician are available on a part-time basis only. The University Nurse Practitioner is on duty from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Appointments are required for visits to the Comprehensive Counselor, except for emergencies. In case of illness on weekends, notify the Head Resident in each residence hall.
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Monday: 8:15 a.m. - 9:15 a.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday: 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday: 4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Doctor’s hours are subject to change.
Nurse Practitioner’s Hours
- The Nurse Practitioner is available to see students Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- After 4:30 p.m. and on weekends, concerned individuals may call the Kentucky State University Police at (502) 597-6878. They will contact the appropriate individuals.