The person who purchases a parking permit will be held responsible for all parking violations by any vehicle bearing that permit. One parking ticket on KSU property without a valid permit may be excused for new faculty, staff and students, if a permit is purchased within seven days from the time the parking ticket was issued. An individual who receives four or more parking tickets and have not registered their vehicle is subject to being towed. Fines are payable at the Bursar’s office in the Academic Services Building between the hours of 8:00 to 4:30 Monday through Friday.
- No valid parking permit displayed: $35
- Parking outside permitted areas: $25
- Parking in Handicap spaces without proper permits: $100
- Parking in Reserved spaces: $50
- Permit not properly displayed: $10
- Occupying more than one or not in a designated space: $10
- Parking in restricted areas: $45
- Parking in violation of Safety Regulations: $25
- Exceeding limit on Timed Parking Spaces: $25
- Discarding pink copy of ticket: $20
- Use of Stolen or Fraudulently obtained Permit: $100
- Failure to wear seatbelt: $25
- Careless driving: $25
- Disregarding stop sign: $25
Towing and Immobilization
The Kentucky State University Police Department has the authority to have a vehicle towed and or immobilized at the owner’s expense when:
- a vehicle has not been moved for an extended period of time and appears to be inoperable;
- a vehicle is parked illegally in a handicapped space;
- a vehicle is parked illegally in a reserved space;
- a vehicle displays a parking permit that has been reported lost, stolen, forged or altered;
- a vehicle is parked in a fire lane, blocking a doorway, dumpster, fire hydrant or emergency exit; or tow away zone;
- any unregistered vehicle is determined to have four or more unpaid parking tickets;
- an individual continues to park illegally and amasses numerous parking tickets.
What To Do if Your Vehicle Has Been Towed
If your vehicle has been towed, come to the Campus Police & Security office to find out how much your fines are and retrieve your vehicle. Then, pay the fine at the Bursar’s office in the Academic Services Building. Bring your receipt back to the Campus Police & Security office and you’ll be given a release form for the towing company. You can call P&R Towing company at (502) 223-7327. Their address is:
965 Glenns Creek
Frankfort, KY 40601
P & R Towing company will need the following information to release your vehicle:
- A release from Campus Police & Security
- Your valid driver’s license or KSU identification card
- If for some reason no release form is needed, you will need a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and vehicle registration.
All fees paid for towing are received by P&R Towing. If you get to your vehicle before the tow truck driver leaves with your vehicle, you can pay a drop fee of $97.50 for students and for non-students. If your vehicle is left at P&R Towing’s impound lot longer than 30 days, it becomes property of the tow company. Fees are subject to change without notification.
- Students/Non-Students: $127.50 first day, including $97.50 for the tow and $30 for storage. Storage fee is $30 per day.
- If your vehicle is immobilized, the fee for removing the boot is $25 cash, to be paid to Campus Police and Security.
- If a boot is in place over 24 hours–without payment–the vehicle will be towed.
- If a vehicle causes damage to a boot, the owner/operator is responsible for paying for the replacement cost of $350.