Staff Holiday Schedule
Fiscal Year 2018
July 1, 2017 – June 30, 2018
|Holiday||Date(s) Observed||Day(s) Observed|
|Independence Day||July 3-4, 2017||Monday and Tuesday|
|Labor Day||September 4, 2017||Monday|
|Columbus Day||October 9, 2017||Monday|
|Veterans Day||November 11, 2017||Friday|
|Thanksgiving||November 22 (1/2 day) - 24, 2017||Wednesday - Friday|
|Winter Break||December 18-29, 2017||Monday - Friday|
|New Year's Day||January 1, 2018||Monday|
|Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day||January 15, 2018||Monday|
|President's Day||February 19, 2018||Monday|
|Spring Break||March 12 - 16, 2018||Monday - Friday|
|Good Friday||March 30, 2018||Friday|
|Memorial Day||May 28, 2018||Monday|
- Medical / Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Group Disability
- Life Insurance
- New Benefits Information
Please contact the Office of Human Resources for more information (502) 597-6667.
Employee Assistance Program
Contacts for Insurance Providers
DELTAL DENTAL OF KY
Anthem Blue Vision
Group Life and AD&D
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Account
Stanley, Hunt, Rhine and Dupree
Employee Assistant Program
Annual Leave – The University grants vacation leave with full pay to full-time, non-faculty employees. The leave policy applies to all non-academic KSU employees, however, it does not supersede the contractual obligations of any individual. The following schedule of vacation leave allowances applies to executive, administrative, managerial, and professional employees:
- 0-5 years of continuous service: Fifteen (15) days of vacation leave with a carry-over allowance of thirty-five (35) days.
- 6-14 years of continuous service: Twenty (20) days of vacation leave with a carry-over allowance of thirty-five (35) days.
- 15 or more years of continuous service: Twenty-five (25) days per year of vacation leave with a carry-over allowance of forty (40) days.
The following schedule of vacation leave allowances applies to clerical, service maintenance, technical and scientific employees:
- 0-3 years of continuous service: Ten (10) days of vacation leave with a carry-over allowance of thirty-five (35) days.
- 4-9 years of continuous service: Fifteen (15) days of vacation leave with a carry-over allowance of thirty-five (35) days.
- 10-14 years of continuous service: Twenty (20) days per year of vacation leave with a carry-over allowance of thirty-five (35) days.
- 15 or more years of continuous service: Twenty-five (25) days per year of vacation
- Credit Unions
- Flexible Benefits – FEBCO
- Holiday Pay
- Sick Leave
- Tuition Waiver Plan
- Faculty and Staff Tuition Waiver – Statewide: For employees only-not dependents.
- Employee Application for Tuition Waiver – KSU Only: For employees and/or dependents attending KSU.
- KY Deferred Compensation: Kentucky Public Employees’ Deferred Compensation Authority (KDC) is authorized under the Kentucky Revised Statutes (18A.230 – 18A.275) to provide administration of tax-deferred supplemental retirement plans for all state, public school and university employees, and employees of local political subdivisions that have elected to participate.
- Kentucky Teachers Retirement System: KTRS is a defined benefit retirement plan for benefited positions that requires certification of a 4-year college degree and does not allow experience to substitute for the college degree. Benefited employees by law must participate in a retirement plan. KTRS eligible employees must participate in either KTRS or an Optional Retirement Plan and have 30 days to enroll after starting employment.
- Kentucky Retirement System: KERS is a defined benefit retirement plan for benefited positions at KSU that do not require certification or a 4-year college degree or allow experience to substitute for a college degree. Or if you work a combined 100 hours or more per month with two different employers and both employers participate with KERS. Retirement must be deducted from both employers. Benefited employees must participate by law and have 30 days to enroll after starting employment. Benefited employees are employees who are scheduled to work an average of 100 or more hours of work per month over twelve consecutive months.
- Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association – College Retirement Equities Fund: TIAA-CREF is a nonprofit organization that provides investment and insurance services for those working in education, medicine, culture and research. TIAA-CREF has a history that dates back to the late Andrew Carnegie, whose Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching created the initial organization in order to service the pension needs of professors.
- The Variable Annuity Life Insurance Company: Valic, a subsidiary of American International Group, is an insurance corporation that specializes in tax-qualified retirement plans, supplemental tax-deferred and after-tax investments.
- United States Social Security Administration: The United States Social Security Administration is an independent agency of the United States federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivors’ benefits. To qualify for these benefits, most American workers pay Social Security taxes on their earnings; future benefits are based on the employees’ contributions.