Please read the following guidelines. At the end of this guideline when you click I Agree, it will be assumed you are responsible to ensure these guidelines are used and enforced.
Guidelines for University Facility Usage
- Designated University facilities may be reserved for use by registered student organizations, or functions for faculty/staff during the regular academic year, intercession and summer session for events related to the purposes of the organization.
- The Director of Student Life will coordinate the registration of all student-sponsored events and activities in accord with established procedures. Requests for the use of campus buildings or facilities are to be submitted for approval at least one week in advance on a form called “Facility Request Form”. The request form can be obtained by clicking “I Agree” at the bottom of this document.
- A registered student organization Advisor or person making the request is the person who will submit the application to reserve the facilities on behalf of the student organization. The Advisor will be considered the responsible party for the condition of the facilities. The facilities must be used in a manner consistent with all regulations, policies and guidelines governing student life.
- Facilities reserved for use by an Advisor for a student organization may not be used by any other organization during the period of the reservation.
- No student-sponsored activity will be scheduled within one week of final examinations except those which are considered a part of the Commencement activities or unless approved by the Director of Student Life Center and the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Reservations will be granted in order of application.
- The individual responsible for reserving a particular facility or area, or his/her designee, must be present when the facility or area is being utilized pursuant to the reservation. The following facilities may be utilized on a reservation-only basis:
- Indoor facilities
- Intramural fields and other recreational areas
- Parking lots
- Residential areas of the campus
- If the Vice President for Student Affairs or his/her designated representative believes that a facility is being improperly used or believes the users of the area are acting imprudently, he/she shall do the following:
- Warn the offending group or individuals that continued misuse will not be permitted
- Recommend alternative locations or means of expression
- Instruct the offending individuals or the assembled group to vacate the area
- Cite individuals or groups for violation of University regulations
- Request assistance of law enforcement officials
- Or any combination of the actions listed above
- All dances will be held on Fridays and Saturdays and end no later than 1:30 a.m., unless special permission for exception has been granted by the Director of Student Life and the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- An organization which desires to cancel an approved activity must send notification by e-mail at email@example.com no later than one week prior to the scheduled activity.
- All organizations are required to clean up the facilities used for scheduled activities after the affair is over or be prepared to be charged for janitorial service.
- Any special equipment (i.e., microphone, podium etc.) needed for Bradford Hall, Hill Student Center, or elsewhere must be listed on the request form.
- For activities at which the University’s Food Service is needed, the person requesting that facility must contact Dining Services at (502) 597-6398.
- All members and guests are expected to join the staff in promoting a safe and positive recreation and learning environment by using mature judgment in choosing actions, clothing, and language. Profane or abusive language will not be tolerated and will be confronted by facility staff and other members. The Vice President for Student Affairs reserves the right to suspend or revoke privileges for any of the following: misconduct, misuse of equipment, willful destruction of property, harassment, profane or abusive language, disrespecting staff or other members, or disregard of operational policies and procedures. Sexual harassment of members or staff will be addressed by the use of all legal channels available.
- Unauthorized use of exit doors, unless in an emergency, may result in loss of privileges or a fine.
- The use of tobacco products, the possession or use of alcoholic beverages, and the possession or use of illegal drugs is prohibited.
- Contact for facility reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please report any concerns via e-mail to email@example.com—including, but not limited to the following:
- Facilities used without approval
- Facilities damaged/theft
- Facilities not opened at designated time as requested
- Facilities left unclean
Clicking “I Agree” below indicates that you have read and agree with the above guidelines and will open the Facility Request form.