Kentucky State University’s Faculty Senate is comprised of representatives from all of the University’s academic units, chairs, and ex officio administrators. Membership is proportional to each unit’s size. The Senate meets on alternating Mondays during semesters; the four standing Senate Committees meet on the Mondays that the entire Faculty Senate is not in session. These committees are the Academic Policies Committee, Budget and Academic Support Committee, Curriculum Committee, and Professional Concerns Committee. All of our meetings begin at 3:10, and all are open to the public. The Faculty Senate meets in room 123 of Hathaway Hall, and committees meet in rooms specified on our schedule. For more information about KSU’s Faculty Senate and its committees, see the descriptions in the Faculty Senate Constitution.
The Faculty Senate Executive Committee will meet in special session Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 2:30 p.m. in Hathaway Hall Room 413.
- Approve minutes from last full faculty senate meeting (so they may be posted to the website).
- Review and approve language courses that were not submitted to Faculty Senate in time for last meeting.
- Discuss potential revisions of tenure and promotion portion of Faculty Handbook – work done by PCC during academic year.
- Discuss status of tenure dossiers for 2016-17 academic year; potential action item
The Faculty Senate Executive Committee will meet in special session Thursday, March 2, 2017 at 2 p.m. in Hathaway Hall Room 123.
Discussion regarding results of Monday’s vote, and next steps.
The Faculty Senate Executive Committee will meet in special session Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 11 a.m. in Hathaway Hall Room 123.
Discussion re vote of confidence for KSU Board of Regents and/or specific members of KSU Board of Regents.
The Faculty Senate Executive Committee will meet Monday, February 13, 2017 at 2 p.m. in Hathaway Hall Room 123.
Discuss the Presidential Search process
Faculty Senate Meeting Dates –
Click date for meeting notice
Kentucky State University’s Faculty Senate meets in Room 123 of Hathaway Hall 123 at 3:10 p.m. On May 10, 2017, the Faculty Senate will meet briefly to elect new officers.
- August 22, 2016
- September 12, 2016
- September 26, 2016
- October 10, 2016
- October 31, 2016
- November 14, 2016
- November 28, 2016
- December 12, 2016
- January 30, 2017
- February 13, 2017 Executive Committee Meeting
- February 13, 2017
- February 15, 2017 Executive Committee Meeting
- February 20, 2017 – Full Senate (previously committee meetings)
- February 27, 2017 All Faculty Meeting (Bradford Hall, Little Theater)
- March 20, 2017
- April 3, 2017
- April 17, 2017
- May 1, 2017
- May 10, 2017
Committee Meeting Dates
Professional Concerns Committee – meetings held in Room 224 of Hathaway Hall
Academic Policies Committee – meetings held in Room 316 of Hathaway Hall
Budget and Academic Support Committee – meetings held in Room 100 of Shauntee Hall
Curriculum Committee – meetings held on the 2nd floor of Blazer Library, conference room 219
- August 29, 2016
- September 19, 2016
- October 3, 2016
- October 24, 2016
- November 7, 2016
- November 21, 2016
- December 5, 2016
- January 23, 2017
- February 6, 2017
- February 20, 2017 – revised to full senate meeting
- March 6, 2017
- March 27, 2017
- April 10, 2017
- April 24, 2017