The Kentucky State University Board of Regents is the governing body of Kentucky State University. The board consists of 11 members, including a staff representative, a student representative, a faculty representative, and eight governor-appointed members.
As the student body president, the student representative serves for one school year and is replaced at the end of his/her term by the incoming student body president.
There are five board committees: Academic Affairs, Student Affairs, Finance and Audit, and External Relations and Development. Board members serve on these committees and meet publicly the morning of full board meetings.
The current Board of Regents includes:
- Mindy Barfield, Esq. (2021)
- Dr. Karen W. Bearden (2020), Chairperson
- Dr. Elaine Farris (2020)
- Diamond Gordon (2016), Student Regent
- David J. Guarnieri, Esq. (2016)
- Dr. LaVaughn Henry (2017)
- Ekumene M. Lysonge, Esq. (2018)
- Dr. Elgie McFayden (2016), Faculty Regent
- Hettie Oldham (2016), Staff Regent
- Dr. Syamala H.K. Reddy (2021)
- Mr. Charles Whitehead (2016), Vice Chairperson