The Kentucky State University Board of Regents is the governing body of Kentucky State University. The Board consists of 11 members, including a staff representative, student representative, faculty representative, and eight Governor-appointed members (see www.lrc.ky.gov/Statutes).
The Student Government Association President serves as the Student Regent for one academic year and replaced by his/her successor.
There are six Board committees: Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management and Brand Identity, Finance and Administration, Governance, Institutional Advancement and Alumni Relations, and Student Engagement and Campus Life. Board members chair and serve on these committees. Board committees publicly meet the morning of full Board meetings.
Members of the Board of Regents include:
- Mr. Ron Banks (2023)
- Ms. Mindy Barfield, Esq. (2021)
- Dr. Karen W. Bearden (2020)
- Dr. Elaine Farris (2020), Chairperson
- Mr. Derrick Gilmore, MS (2019), Staff Regent
- Mr. Paul C. Harnice, Esq. (2022)
- Mr. Dalton Jantzen, MS (2022)
- Dr. Elgie McFayden (2019), Faculty Regent
- Dr. Syamala H.K. Reddy (2021)
- Mr. Roger Reynolds (2018)
- Mr. Onaje Navaar Cunningham (2018), Student Regent