Under all emergency circumstances:
Print This Page
- If someone is injured, missing, or known to be trapped inside the building, call the University Police at 6878. If there is no answer, or if the line is busy, call 9-911. It may be necessarily to send a runner to the University Police Department.
- Provide assistance to those who have mobility impairments.
- Check for injuries, but do not attempt to move any serious injured people unless there is a greater danger by not doing so.
- Use telephones to report emergencies (i.e. gas leaks, fire, or injuries).
- Only Facilities Services or other trained individuals should attempt to turn utilities on or off.
- Never touch downed utility poles or lines. Do not approach damaged building equipment.
- Avoid open flames due to potential gas leaks.
- Do not drive a vehicle unless it is necessary. Streets should be kept clear for emergency vehicles.