A student who has preregistered but not completed registration (i.e., paid fees or made arrangements for the payment of fees) may cancel his/her registration by notifying the Office of the University Registrar in writing prior to the end of late registration of his/her intention not to enroll.
In order to withdraw from the University after completion of registration (i.e., dropping all courses for a given semester/session), a student must do the following:
- Obtain the necessary form from the Office of the University Registrar.
- Complete the form and obtain the necessary signatures.
- Return the completed form to the Office of the University Registrar.
Failure to withdraw will obligate the student to pay all tuition, fees, and other charges assessed, and will result in failing grades for that term (summer session/semester). In addition:
- If a student withdraws from the University before the end of the tenth full week of classes during a semester, a grade of “W” will appear on the student’s transcript for all courses pursued that semester.
- If a student withdraws from the University before two-thirds of the instructional days have elapsed during a summer session or short course, a grade of “W” will appear on the student’s transcript for all courses pursued that session.
- Students may appeal for retroactive withdrawal from the University under specified circumstances (see Appeal Procedures and Deadlines).