Student success is largely determined by student experiences during their first year of college, and the First Year Experience office enhances the experiences of students throughout the first year of college by assisting them in laying the groundwork for solid foundations of college success. The Mission of this office “is to assist all incoming undergraduate students in their transitions year students from advocacy to empowerment, then to full development as knowledgeable and confident college students. New transfer undergraduate students are served by FYE during their first semester. The office also assists faculty and staff in meeting the needs of first-year students.
FYE development support services assist students in their growth and understanding of college and include:
- Academic counseling and referral services that guide students through the first year;
- FYE peer mentoring and study group sessions;
- Intervention, empowerment and strategic learning services;
- Development strategies for student growth
FYE transition services assist students in moving from high school to college, or jobs to college, and include:
- New Student Orientation;
- Parent communications and sessions; and
- Student advocacy services. The Office is located in Suite 261, Academic Services Building; telephone: 502-597-6217 or 1-866-393-4769.