The Office of the University Registrar creates, maintains, certifies, and protects University records of courses, degrees, and students.
The aforementioned services include (but are not limited to):
- the creation, maintenance, preservation, and transmission of student academic records, as well as course related data and information relevant to the academic policies of the institution;
- serve the needs of our students, both current and former, by providing quality service, timely response to requests for information and convenient access to services; and,
- The Registrar is also responsible for certifying educational benefits for veterans.
To this end, the Registrar will utilize available technology and best practices to deliver services and information in an efficient manner. Central to these responsibilities is the need to maintain record security and privacy. The Registrar subscribes to the highest ethical principles of our profession and stives to serve the university with honesty, integrity, and accuracy.
The Office of the University Registrar at Kentucky State University strives to:
- Recognize the importance of each person we serve.
- Hold the trust and confidence of students, faculty, and staff for our quality of work, collaborative solutions, and administrative foresight.
- Care for employees by promoting a friendly and stimulating office environment with opportunities for professional development.
- Earn national respect for excellence in academic services and the use of technology that benefits our campus and the higher education community.
The Office of the University Registrar emphasizes:
- Accuracy, to maintain exceptional quality in our records and processes.
- Integrity, to demand responsibility, confidentiality, and honesty in our work.
- Customer service, to help people in a timely and caring way.
- Communication, to share expertise and listen to our clients and each other.
- Teamwork, to foster a collaborative work environment in order to coordinate the intricacies of our collective mission.
The core functions of the Office of the University Registrar include:
- Catalog Production
- Certification of Athletic Eligibility
- Course Inventory Administration
- Course Scheduling
- Degree Audit
- Diploma Services
- Document Management
- Enrollment Certification
- Final Exams
- Research and Assessment
- Room Scheduling
- Student Academic Records
- Transcript Services
- University Academic Calendar
- Veteran Certification
- Location: Academic Services Building, Room 323
- Phone: (502) 597-6234
- Fax: (502) 597-6239
- Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Closed on university holidays.