Welcome to Interlibrary Loan!
*Interlibrary Loan Deadlines and Due Dates for Fall Semester 2017*:
- Submission of Interlibrary Loan Requests: Saturday, August 19, 2017 – Friday, November 24, 2017
- ALL Interlibrary Loan Books Due on or Before Friday, December 1, 2017
Interlibrary Loan Forms for articles and books/media are now available for valid KSU faculty, staff, and students from within the KSU Library Catalog (WorldCat Discovery). Click on the “Request Item” button for Interlibrary Loan on the title of interest and fill out the online form from within the KSU Library Catalog. “Sign In” is required from off campus. Patrons in the Library may fill out the paper Interlibrary Loan forms that are located at the Circulation Desk.
Interlibrary Loan Policy and Guidelines: Faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students are welcomed to request item(s) via the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service at Blazer Library.
- Library users who would like to request an item via ILL must be currently affiliated with Kentucky State University and registered as a library patron in the Library’s OCLC WorldShare Management Services system.
- Faculty, staff, and students with overdue items or outstanding fines: Interlibrary Loan requests cannot be processed unless overdue items are returned or fines are cleared.
- Interlibrary Loan requests are usually processed within 24 hours (except weekends and holidays) upon receipt by Blazer Library’s ILL personnel. However, patrons will be notified by e-mail or phone for any request not processed due to fees, incomplete citations, copyright, or other issues.
- Please plan in advance whenever requesting an Interlibrary Loan item, if at all possible. It is advised to allow around 2 weeks’ time from the date of processing for receipt of your requested material. Users will be notified of the item’s arrival at KSU by email; please pick up the item within three work days. After three work days, any item not picked up following email and/or phone reminders will be returned to the owning library.
- Please handle books on loan from other libraries with care to avoid damage and possible damage fees.
- The owning library’s overdue fees or other charges for their damaged or lost items may be applied to the patron or the academic department unless other arrangements have been made.
- A specific arrival time for an Interlibrary Loan item cannot be guaranteed due to factors beyond Blazer Library’s control, such as hard-to-find or high-in-demand items from other libraries, delayed mail or courier delivery, follow up on possible fees, or other issues that may affect the arrival time.
- The due date of a borrowed Interlibrary Loan item (ILL item from another library) is set by the owning library, not Blazer Library. Please adhere to the due date, returning the item promptly to Blazer Library by the due date as noted on the item.
- Renewals may be allowed depending on the Interlibrary Loan policies of the owning library. If a renewal request is desired, please make the request at least a week prior to the due date by calling Blazer Library at 502-597-5946. If a renewal request is approved by the owning library, the patron will be informed by Blazer Library via email of the new due date.
Interlibrary Loan Questions or Inquiries:
For Interlibrary Loan questions or inquiries, please contact Dantrea Hampton, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 502-597-5946. Or you may call Maurisha Jenkins at 502-597-6931.