A Master of Arts in Special Education program applicant must complete all KSU Graduate School application requirements, which include:
- an official graduate school application form,
- a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution,
- an overall undergraduate grade-point-average of 2.7 or higher (on a 4.0 scale),
- official transcripts of all undergrad & graduate work indicating all degrees awarded and courses taken,
- GRE or PRAXIS I minimum score requirement (ETS.org), and
- three (3) letters of recommendation.
A Master of Arts in Special Education program applicant must write and submit an essay that addresses his or her motivation for becoming a teacher of special education (LBD, P-12) and includes related experiences. The essay is judged as satisfactory or unsatisfactory by the Education Graduate Committee.
A Master of Arts in Special Education program applicant who wishes to transfer graduate course credit to KSU must provide all required documentation of the relevant course(s) upon application. A maximum of six graduate credit hours in the field of special education may be transferred from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution. The applicant must have earned a grade of B or above for a course to be accepted.
Master of Arts in Special Education program applicants who meet all entry requirements are granted regular admission status by the Education Graduate Committee. Applicants who do not meet all entry requirements may not be admitted into the program.