The School of Nursing provides two nationally accredited nursing programs:
- A pre-licensure Associate Degree in Nursing:
- Nursing Pre-admission (NUP) University students who are not directly admitted to the pre-licensure Associate Degree Nursing program but are actively taking support and liberal studies courses required in the nursing curriculum.
- Nursing Associates (NUA) Students who have met admission requirements and are enrolled in the pre-licensure, Associate Degree Nursing program.
- As of April 20, 2015, the Kentucky Board of Nursing has placed the Associate Degree in Nursing program on Monitoring Status.
- A RN-BSN Program for Registered Nurses who want to complete the course requirements to obtain a Bachelor Degree of Science in Nursing:
- Nursing Registered (NUR) Registered Nurses admitted to the RN-BSN program who meet the admission requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The applicant must have an unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
New Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
The School of Nursing is accepting applications for the new Doctor of Nursing Practice (BSN-DNP) in the role as adult gerontology primary care nurse practitioner. The program began in January 2015.
For questions regarding any program, call (502) 597-5957 or complete our form for a quicker response.