Program Dates: June 4th to 24th, 2017
Application Deadline: April 15, 2017
2017 Summer Apprenticeship Program Handbook
(click on link above to access 2017 handbook)
Click on this link to see the results from the 2015 program, and this year will be even better!
• Offered to high school rising Juniors and Seniors
• Residential, three-week program
The Summer Apprenticeship Program is designed to prepare students for college life while exposing them to different career opportunities in STEM—science, technology, engineering and mathematics—fields.
- Students will attend college preparatory courses in addition to receiving instruction for developmental classes in the areas of math, chemistry, and physics
- Students will have many opportunities for experimental research experiences through short projects on, for example, the environment, agricultural sciences, computer technology, and more
- Students will participate in lectures with professional scientists and guest speakers from government and corporate agencies
- Students will have opportunities to visit STEM-based workplaces to what STEM looks like in the “real world”
This program is supported by National Science Foundation Historically Black College and Universities-Undergraduate Program (NSF-HBCU-UP) and the United States Department of Agriculture-Capacity Building Grant (USDA-CBG).
For additional information, please contact Jeremy Sandifer, Jeremy.Sandifer@kysu.edu, (502)-597-7311.
The application forms are in Adobe PDF format (you can get Adobe Reader for free by clicking on this link) and they can be dowloaded and printed out for filling in manually and either mailed in via the post office or scanned and emailed to Jeremy.Sandifer@kysu.edu.
The forms are also fillable with Adobe Reader so you can fill them in electronically, save the file then email it to Jeremy.
To reserve your seat please use the SAP Intent Form
To formally apply please use the SAP 2017 Application Form and the
SAP 2017 Registration Packet
Completed applications are due April 15, 201 7 and all registration documents are due no later than May 1, 2017.